Microfluidics stands for the scaling of macroscopic processes when handling fluids and gases to the microscopic range: minimum fluid volumes are extracted, transported, processed and analysed. Naturally, phenomena at the smallest dimensions are dominated by other physical effects, which have to be considered.
Using different technologies and groups of materials, inexpensive disposables (Lab-on-a-chips) can be produced and reliable analysis systems can be realized.
Especially in the fast growing markets of life science industries, medical technologies, drug discovery, environment analytics and energy technologies, microfluidics is the key technology for innovative products - and we do realize this for you.
Our experience and our capabilities allow us to
- realize a wide range of channel architectures,
- choose the material according to application requirements,
- modify surface properties as needed,
- insert nickel, gold, or platinum electrodes,
- integrate functionalities such as micropumps, micro mixers or biochemical sensors,
- ensure the compatibility of the microfluidics with common macro equipment,
- develop highly complex lab-on-a-chip systems as disposables, and
- produce small to large scale volumes
- hybrid systems (e.g. glass, silicon).