thinXXS Microtechnology AG, a leader in developing and production of microfluidic systems, offers its customers with the “Blister-on-chip- Technology” the unique possibility of liquid storage directly on the microfluidic disposable. The coated aluminum blister packs can be adapted to customer requirements. The standard volume range lies between 150 µL and 5 mL. The blister packs are connected to the fluidic network with very low dead volume and can be filled cooled or under oxygen free atmosphere if required.
Controlled release is achieved utilizing a proprietary technology. The blister may also be used to transport the liquid on the chip. In this case they act much like a syringe pump.
- Only the volume required for one test is stored.
- Blisters, in contrast to the storage inside in the plastic cartridge, offer optimal protection and prevent gas exchange.
- The Lab-on-a-chip is immediately ready for use.
- Actuation can be done with the help of an instrument or simply manually by the user.
- No contamination of the instrument since the blister is integral part of the cartridge.